Author Topic: IMAX B6 Charger - First Time  (Read 1475 times)

Offline bildo

• Dori Kin
IMAX B6 Charger - First Time
« on: 09 October 2011, 12:59:58 PM »
I've got a 2C 7.4V Turnigy 5000 LiPo battery along with an iMAX B6 balance charger. I've not used either before, or anything similar so before I charge my battery for the first time I'd like to ensure I do it correctly!

I've connected it all up as stated in the manual, balance lead connected, red>red, black>black etc.

Now this thread:
http://rc-drift.com/rc-drift-forum/index.php?topic=8700.0

Has left me a little confused!

In the manual, (from my understanding) it states that if you want the battery to be balanced and charged at the same time, then set the correct settings for your charger (I've set 2.3A and 7.4V (2S)) which I assume is correct? Now should I:
a) Use this setting and start charging.
b) Use the actual charging setting on the charger (manual seems to suggest this doesn't balance at the same time)
c) Use the settings recommended in the previous thread mentioned (I'll have to fiddle about a bit more as that doesn't make sense to me just yet  |o)

Thanks in advance for any help, I want to get it charged so I can go ahead and play with my car for the first time.  :laugh:

Offline woody_294

• Drift It Like You Stole It
  • Somatsu Dorifto
Re: IMAX B6 Charger - First Time
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2011, 03:59:06 PM »
stick it on the "balance" setting and it'll charge and balance your cells together. You can charge at 1C, which is 5A on a 5000mAh lipo. 5A at 2s is within the 50W of the B6 too. That's if your power supply has enough power.

Offline RC-Drift.com™

• Kev
  • Administrator
  • RC-Drift.com 'Regular'
  • Isle of Man Plumber
    • RC DRIFT - RC Drifting - RC Drift Forum - RC Drift Video - RC Drift Facebook -
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2011, 11:04:38 PM »
You obviously need to connect the power leads to the charger as well as the balancing lead, make sure the charger is set to LiPo so peaks at 4.2V for 1S or 8.4V for 2S or 12.6V for 3S

Balance charge will take ages to properly finish, but when the charge rate gets down to 0A it's as good as balanced

If you aren't going to use your LiPo pack for a month or so make sure you charge it with Storage charge - the pack will have a much longer life O0
Kev

RC DRIFTING UKRC DRIFT GALLERYMillion RC Drift Questions  • RC-Drift.com on FacebookRC-Drift.com on Twitter • 
• Xray T2 '06 • Team Magic E4 • Axial XR10 • Futaba 4PK & 3VC & 3PJ • Pro-Trak BMS • IMAX Quattro B6 • Corally SP12M • Started r/c racing in 1978, Drifting in 2004, Rock Crawling in 2010 •

RC Drift Tapatalk

Offline bildo

• Dori Kin
« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2011, 07:03:12 PM »
Thanks for the help guys, seems I've got it all charged up and ready to go!

Offline Redmist

• Dorifto
  • GOD is a Drifter!
« Reply #4 on: 11 October 2011, 09:27:33 PM »
So what are you doing posting when you could be out drifting!!!
Joking of course, sounds like you've enjoyed the build and I hope you enjoy the rewards of your patience!!

Offline bildo

• Dori Kin
« Reply #5 on: 11 October 2011, 11:49:18 PM »
So what are you doing posting when you could be out drifting!!!
Joking of course, sounds like you've enjoyed the build and I hope you enjoy the rewards of your patience!!

Because the battery was charged during the build-up, was waiting on getting my final bits before I got to drive it. Got a nice run tonight, needs a bit of adjusting but overall I'm really pleased with it so far! :D

Offline Redmist

• Dorifto
  • GOD is a Drifter!
« Reply #6 on: 12 October 2011, 07:11:41 AM »
Thats the next fun bit, messing around with setups! Feels good when you make progress tho!
Glad its worked out so far!

RC Drift UK - RC Drift Tyres - RC Drift Gallery - RC Drift Forum

« Reply #6 on: 12 October 2011, 07:11:41 AM »